Sunday, March 3, 2013

Backstreet who?

No, I haven't forgotten the existence of my favorite boy band EVER. (Though I'll be honest with you, I'm not too happy with one Kevin Richardson for splitting when the going got rough and returning when the going got ... better.) The powers that control the Backstreet Boys' Twitter account posted this "behind-the-scenes" image of the Backstreet Boys at a recent photo shoot and challenged BSB fans to identify the five members based on their lower extremities.

Backstreet Boys 

You'd think that after 15+ years, we wouldn't have any problems identifying them. I'm not so confident in our devotedness, guys. I saw responses ranging the entire gamut. In fact, the only one anyone seemed to agree on was that the dude with the purple sneakers was AJ McLean, and only because ... I mean, tats and what appears to be nail polish ... or alarmingly discolored nails (hopefully from years of applying nail polish). 

My guess was, based on style and (sub, har har)stance: AJ, Kevin, Howie, Nick, Brian. 

My reasoning: Guy #2 (from the left) and Guy #4 have longer inseams than Guy #3 and Guy #5. Though Brian and Howie may have disproportionately long legs for their below-average heights, it's unlikely. Kevin and Nick are approximately the same height. Guy #4 just screams Nick Carter to me, because he's pretty much the only Backstreet Boy member to my knowledge who ever poses like that ... but don't quote me on that. Now all that remains are Guys 3 and 5. Judging from their clothing, I'm guessing Guy #5 is Brian and Guy #3 is Howie, because Brian seems much more likely to agree to wearing his pants tucked inside combat boots. 

Yes, I just spent that much time analyzing this photograph. You don't even wanna know how much time I spent analyzing the 9-member supergroup NKOTBSB's single "Don't Turn Out The Lights." Luckily Kevin hadn't returned yet ...

No comments:

Post a Comment