Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Seth Cohen, is that you?

Two-and-a-half years ago, I made this blog post about how much One Direction's Harry Styles reminded me of The O.C.'s Seth Cohen. Or Adam Brody. Not that it really matters, because we all know they're the same person.

Over the past three years, Harry Styles has grown out of his borderline awkwardness and become somewhat of a stud, so Seth Cohen moments have been few and far between. But I caught a glimmer of the Seth Cohen that lies within him last week, at the London premiere of One Direction's new documentary "This Is Us."

Harry Styles This Is Us premiere

I mean ... it's not spot on, because let's face it -- Seth Cohen would never be caught dead looking that disheveled -- but isn't it truly Seth Cohen-esque? The essence of Seth Cohen is captured here.

And as much as I enjoyed The O.C. back in the day, it hasn't been a show that I've revisited since it went off the air, like I've done with Gilmore Girls and coughLagunaBeachcough. So let me remind you of what Mr. Seth Cohen was like.

Seth Cohen GIF
source: PerezHilton.com (wince)
Adam Brody GIF Seth Cohen
source: craving-bliss.tumblr.com
And Harry in his "younger years" was the spitting image ...

Harry Styles young
source: Original source unknown
But we know how this story ends. Seth Cohens grow up to date not-so-girls next door like Rachel Bilson and Leighton Meester, stomping out every girl's dream of dating a cute nerdy boy. 

I guess they just don't exist.

No comments:

Post a Comment