Wednesday, July 31, 2013

1999-2000 Playlist

Macy Gray
source: Macy Gray's Facebook page
Like the early through late '90s, the 1999-2000 span was a good, good year for music, with plenty of diversity and range in musical styles. Alternative music still had a strong grip on pop radio, while pop princesses were taking over MTV's "TRL."

Below is a playlist of the most memorable of the songs I listened to while tackling my Math and World History homework, worrying about boys and growing out of my awkward phase (as if!) ... some of these songs I hated at the time, and others I knew would have a place in my heart forever. Here they all are in their glory 14 years later.

"I Try," Macy Gray
"Smooth," Santana ft. Rob Thomas
"Doesn't Really Matter," Janet Jackson
"Take A Picture," Filter
"What A Girl Wants," Christina Aguilera
"Someday," Sugar Ray
"Blue (Da Ba Dee)," Eiffel 65
"There She Goes," Sixpence None The Richer
"All The Small Things," Blink-182

Blink-182
source: Blink-182's Facebook page
"Everything You Want," Vertical Horizon
"Livin' La Vida Loca," Ricky Martin
"Absolutely (Story Of A Girl)," Nine Days
"Oops! ... I Did It Again," Britney Spears
"The Real Slim Shady," Eminem
"American Woman," Lenny Kravitz
"Then The Morning Comes," Smash Mouth
"Better Off Alone," Alice Deejay
"I Knew I Loved You," Savage Garden
"Bug A Boo," Destiny's Child
"Out Of My Head," Fastball
"It's My Life," Bon Jovi
"Get It On Tonite," Montell Jordan
"Wonderful," Everclear
"Girl On TV," LFO
"Try Again," Aaliyah
"Hey Leonardo (She Likes Me For Me)," Blessid Union of Souls
"I Think I'm In Love With You," Jessica Simpson
"Bailamos," Enrique Iglesias
"Back Here," BBMak
"She's So High," Tal Bachman
"Thong Song," Sisqo


No comments:

Post a Comment